The TA Torana was a short lived four cylinder only series, built as an interim series between the last
of the LJs and the upcoming TX Gemini small car. The body sheetmetal was identical to that of the LJ
four cylinder cars and was identified by a new one piece body coloured plastic grille and new tail
light assemblies with a bold silver finish surround.
The model lineup consisted of two trim levels: Torana and Torana Deluxe. The base model was available
only as a two door and the Deluxe as a two or four door. The 1300cc OHV engine was the standard
powerplant on both models, while the 1760cc OHC was optional on the Deluxe only. The Trimatic auto was
available as an option on the Deluxe only, with either engine. The Deluxe was quite well equipped for
its day, with full carpeting, a push button radio, well trimmed bucket seats, chrome wheel trim rings
and other minor items.
The TA series was replaced by the TX Gemini in March 1975.
- Internal, cable operated bonnet release now standard.
- Body side mouldings on Deluxe had PVC inserts (similar to HJ).
- 1300cc engine improved over LJ, also compression ratio increased.
- All variants had 10-gallon (45.5 litre) fuel tank.
- Alternator fitted was same as in six cylinder LJ.
- FUEL TANK ... 10 GALLONS ... 30 LITRES
- WHEELBASE ... 95.8 INCHES ... 2433 mm
- TRACK (FRONT) ... 51 INCHES ... 1295 mm
- TRACK (REAR) ... 51 INCHES ... 1295 mm
- HEIGHT ... 53 INCHES ... 1382 mm
- WIDTH ... 63 INCHES ... 1600 mm
- LENGTH ... 162 INCHES ... 4095 mm
- DOMESTIC ... 9 275
- EXPORT (WHOLE) ... 13
- EXPORT (CKD) ... 2 016
- TOTAL ... 11 304
COMP. RATIO OUTPUT ENG.NO. PREFIX
- 1300 LC 7.8 41 BHP 1
- 1300 HC 9.2 46 BHP 1
- 1760 7.3 59 BHP 3
- FOUR SPEED MANUAL (FLOOR)
- THREE SPEED AUTOMATIC (TRIMATIC FLOOR)
MODELS AND RELEASE DATES
- 3.89 (1760 AUTO)
- 4.125 (ALL OTHERS)
MODEL / 2-DOOR 4-DOOR / RELEASED / AVAILABLE UNTIL / PRICE AT RELEASE
- TORANA 1300 8E11 - 4 MAR 1974 TX - MAR 1975 $2580
- TORANA DELUXE 8F11 8F69 4 MAR 1974 TX - MAR 1975 $2980